Monday, March 3, 2014

Oscar Night!

song pair: Let's Go To the Movies by Ion Storm (Annie Soundtrack)

last evening, I rolled out the red carpet for my annual Oscars Party.
the guests included the neighborhood girls & my moms!
here is a peek into this star-studded celebration:

I rented the red carpet and 16 champagne flutes via Classic Party Rentals

I labeled each flute with a strip of washi tape and the guests name. 


I kept it simple, only serving one beverage. a little bubbly.

my local movie theater supplied me with some popcorn in bulk. the boxes were via this etsy shop

i printed the ballots via Moviefone. the winner received a Starbucks gift card!

we snacked on retro candy

the fondant toppers came via this shop. stars, popcorn and film reels fit right in.
we even celebrated Sara's birthday simultaneously!

photobooth props were my favorite, and came from this link. you must order some for your next shindig

Cheers to powerful movies and empowered women! 

southern gent has sparked a joy of movies into my life. one of our very favorite things to do is settle into a movie theater. the sights, smells and excitement of film is a very happy place for us.

2 comments:

gosara said...

SOOOO much fun!! Thanks again Liz! :)

Anonymous said...

I am inspired! Totally doing this next year! Love your blog!

This site was made with love by Angie Makes